Mr David Anthony Doll
Pomology Farm AdvisorCooperative Extension Merced County
2145 Wardrobe Avenue
Merced, CA 95341-6445
M.S. Plant Pathology, UC Davis. 2008
B.S. Plant Biology, Purdue University. 2004
SpecialtyAlmonds, Pistachios, Walnuts, and Urban Forestry
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Nut Crops
- Plants and Their Systems
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Urban Forestry
- Master Gardeners
- Endemic and Invasive Pests and Diseases
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Lara, Jesus; Pickett, Charlie (2016). "Biological control program is being developed for brown marmorated stink bug." California Agriculture 70(1): 15-23.
- Zhao, Tiebiao; Stark, Brandon (2016). "Challenges in water stress quantification using small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS):lessons from a growing season of almond." 2016 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS): 1366-1370.
- Hillis, Vicken; Lubell, Mark (2016). "The Role of Pest Control Advisers in Preventative Management of Grapevine Trunk Diseases." Phytopathology 106(4): 339-347.
- Holtz, Brent; Doll, David (2016). "Whole almond orchard recycling and the effect on second generation tree growth, soil carbon, and fertility." Acta Horticulturae 1112: 315-320.
- Zhao, T.; Stark, B. (2015). A detailed field study of direct correlations between ground truthed crop water stress and normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) from small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS). Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Denver, CO, IEEE.: 6.
- Doll, D.; Shackel, K. (2015) Drought management for California almonds. ANR Publication 8515 10
- Doll, D.; Rolshausen, P. (2015). "First report of Dothiorella iberica causing trunk and scaffold cankers of almond in California." Plant Disease 99(8): 1.
- O'Geen, T. A.; Saal, M (2015). "Soil suitability index identifies potential areas for groundwater banking on agricultural lands." California Agriculture 69(2): 75-84.
- Jones, J.; Doll, D.A. (2014). "Extension Must Adopt Mobile-Friendly Websites." Journal of Extension 52(6): Tools of the Trade.
- Browne, G.T.; Lampinen, B.D. (2013). "Managing the almond and stone fruit replant disease complex with less soil fumigant." California Agriculture 37(3): 128-138.
- Holtz, B.A.; Doll, D.A. (2013). Orchard carbon and nutrient recycling. 6th International Symposium on Almonds and Pistachios. Murcia, Spain,
- Doll, D.A.; Duncan, R. (2013). Performance of six almond rootstocks with long term exposure to sodium and chloride. 6th International Symposium on Almonds and Pistachios. Murcia, Spain,
- Sanden, B.L.; Doll, D.A. (2013). Taking soil samples part 1: FAQS: Who, Where, and When.
- Sanden, B.L.; Doll, D.A. (2013). Taking soil samples part 2: soil sampling equipment.
- Doll, D.A.; Sanden, B. (2013). Taking soil samples part 3: taking samples in the orchard.
- Sanden, B.L.; Doll, D.A. (2013). Taking soil samples part 4: preparing the samples for the lab.
- Lampinen, B.D.; Upadhyaya, S.K. (2012). A second generation mobile platform for assessing midday canopy photosynthetically active radiation interception in orchard systems. International Society of Horticultural Science Orchard Systems Conference. Stellenbosch, South Africa,
- Smith, D.A.,; Doll, D.A. (2006). "Climatic constraints to the potential of Microsphaeropsis amaranthis as a bioherbicide for common waterhemp." Phytopathology 96(3): 308-312.
- Doll, D.A.; Sojka, P.E. (2005). "Effect of nozzle type and pressure on the efficacy of spray applications of the bioherbicide fungus Microsphaeropsis amaranthi." Weed Technology 19(4): 918-923.
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Biological control program is being developed for brown marmorated stink bug
- Soil suitability index identifies potential areas for groundwater banking on agricultural lands
- Managing the almond and stone fruit replant disease complex with less soil fumigant
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Almond - Member
- California Naturalist - Member
- Pest Management in ANR - Member
- Pistachio - Member
- Plant Pathology - Member
- Walnut - Member
- Weed - Member