Communication Services & Information Technology
University of California
Communication Services & Information Technology

So you want to write an ANR Publication . . .


How do I get permission to use a non-UC photo, drawing, table, or other material in my publication?


Customize the attached sample letter and send it to the copyright holder of the material you want to use.

It is your responsibility to pay any fees the copyright holder may require.

Once permission is granted, send a copy of the permission-granting letter to your editor at Communication Services so we can make sure proper credit is given in your publication.

Associated Files

Relevant Categories



Communication Services, copyright, permissions, publications production


Stephen Barnett
Communication Services and Information Technology
Phone: (530) 750-1222

Last Updated

February 5, 2010

Webmaster Email: