NOS - Services we provide
NOS provides a variety of services to assist ANR with its informational and outreach efforts to the Spanish-speaking population in California.
Do you have an interesting story to share with the Spanish-speaking population? News & Information Outreach in Spanish can help you. NOS can assist you to share your research, findings, work, programs and activities with the Spanish-speaking communities.
Broadcast: NOS produces short feature stories, news segments and messages of general interest about ANR research activities that are aired in more than 100 radio stations in California and other states. This news service is offered on CD, free of charge, to Spanish-language radio stations that wish to broadcast the material. Our recording studio is in Riverside, but we do a lot of our interviews by phone. We are always on the lookout for news and stories.
Print: We prepare news releases and news tips that are widely used by the Spanish-language print media. We can also assist you with announcements, feature stories, media advisories, media kits, public service announcements, etc.
We can assist you with the writing and/or adaptation into Spanish of print and visual materials, such as short booklets, handouts, brochures, scripts for videos and slide sets, meeting announcements, public service announcements, etc. There is a separate translation and peer review process for ANR publications offered by Communications Services. Please see information below.
We provide narration in Spanish for videotape and slide set projects.
Designing and implementing mass media campaigns to get information from the University into the hands of Spanish-speaking audiences across the state.
- Providing guidance and assistance in the planning, development, coordination and completion of educational materials and programs directed to Spanish-speaking audiences.
- Assisting in identifying and developing communications opportunities and outreach programs and effective delivery methods.
- Providing training on how to work with diverse audiences and the ethnic media.
- Helping you learn Spanish-language skills or improve them through the use of materials in our lending library.
- Conducting media surveys, visiting Spanish-language media, and ascertaining Spanish-language information needs.
Spanish Translation Process for Peer Review Publications
The process of translating a DANR publication consists of two steps: an evaluation of the translation request, and a review of the translation. Complete information for authors, as well as the Translation Request Form can be downloaded from the Communication Services web site or requested from Fe Moncloa or Maria de la Fuente, Spanish-Language Materials Associate Editors.
For more information, please contact Lisa Rawleigh.