Information Technology Support
IT Infrastructure provides technology solutions to the Division that enable communication between offices, clientele and to the rest of the world. These services include email, high-speed internet access, video conferencing, secure remote connectivity, and training. Also, we provide help desk technical support for these services to enable the Division to use these resources effectively.
IT Infrastructure is actively involved in a number of projects to better increase the capability and efficiency of Division academics and staff. These projects include:
- Joining Division offices to UC Davis’s Active Directory (uConnect) for increased security and services.
- Migrating email systems to UC Davis’s Microsoft Exchange for shared calendars, increased email capacity and better web access to email.
- Creating an online storage system for use in archiving the intellectual property of Division academics.
- Virtualizing servers to cut energy costs and lower our carbon footprint.
- Continual upgrades to office network equipment such as routers and switches as well as increasing network speed to offices.
- How do I get a UC Davis email account?
- Migrating from Eudora to Outlook
- Can I still use Eudora?
- How do I set up an "Out of Office" or "Vacation" email auto response?
- Phishing Scam
- How do I set up my UCD email on a Blackberry?
- I've legally changed my name. Can I have my UC Davis email address changed to reflect this?
- How do I expand the headers in Microsoft Outlook?
- Can you set up a kerberos password for me?
- Email account termination
- How do I redirect my UCD email?
- Is it possible to create a general Master Gardener email account?
- How do I set up Authenticated SMTP?
- How to I set up my email client?
- Message is stuck in Outlook outbox.
Computer Hardware and Software
- Software - Where and How to Get It
- Energy Saving Tips
- UC Davis computer hardware recommendations
- Free software recommendations
- Is your computer hardware obsolete?
- UC Davis information and guidelines for using Skype
- I'm having problems connecting my laptop to use wireless.
- How do I open or create .ZIP files ?