Information Technology Support
IT Infrastructure provides technology solutions to the Division that enable communication between offices, clientele and to the rest of the world. These services include email, high-speed internet access, video conferencing, secure remote connectivity, and training. Also, we provide help desk technical support for these services to enable the Division to use these resources effectively.
IT Infrastructure is actively involved in a number of projects to better increase the capability and efficiency of Division academics and staff. These projects include:
- Joining Division offices to UC Davis’s Active Directory (uConnect) for increased security and services.
- Migrating email systems to UC Davis’s Microsoft Exchange for shared calendars, increased email capacity and better web access to email.
- Creating an online storage system for use in archiving the intellectual property of Division academics.
- Virtualizing servers to cut energy costs and lower our carbon footprint.
- Continual upgrades to office network equipment such as routers and switches as well as increasing network speed to offices.
No FAQs were found.