Remote Desktop - MAC to MAC (OS 10.5-10.6)
Remote Desktop from MAC to MAC, OS 10.5 - 10.6
1. Set up the machine you want to remote into as your VNC server.
- Open the Sharing System Preferences pane.
- Open System Preferences from your black apple menu.
- Click Sharing.
- At the top of the Services list is Screen Sharing. Select it and turn it On.
- Where it says Allow access for:, choose All users.. This will make things easier.
- Click the Computer Settings button.
- From the next window check on Anyone may request permission to control screen.
- On the same window enable the VNC viewers may control screen with password option and choose a password. This allows computers running VNC software that do not support all security methods, such as Chicken of the VNC.
2. Set up your client mac.
- Click somewhere on the Desktop that is empty to activate the Finder.
- Select the Go menu at the top of the screen and then Connect to Server.
- On the window that opens type vnc:// followed by IP address of the computer to which you want to make a connection. (Example: vnc://10.1.1.22)
- Click the Connect button.
- If it works you will have the option to connect as a registered user or by asking for permission.
- If you select registered user you will need to enter a username and password for an account on the server computer.
- If you select to ask for permission someone will need to be at the remote computer and click allow.
August 31, 2011