Dr. Fe Moncloa
1553 Berger Drive, Bldg. 1
(408 ) 282-3107
San Jose, CA 95112
- Visiting Libra Diversity Professor, Spring 2021
Presented by University of Maine, 2021
- National Diversity in Extension Award-Team Award
Presented by American Association for Public and Land-Grant Universities, 2016
SpecialtyLatinx youth development, civic engagement, intercultural communication, culturally relevant pedagogy
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Program and Project Support, Administration, and Communication
- Families, Youth, and Communities
- Youth Development
Fields, N., Chan, A., Gonzalez, M., Green, E., Moncloa, F., Massey, K., & Nathaniel, K. (2021). True leaders: Culture, power and justice- A youth development approach to social justice. Chevy chase, MD. National 4-H Curriculum.
Moncloa, Fe; Erbstein, Nancy, et al. (2021). Toward Guiding Principles for Engaging Latinx Youth in Youth Development Programs. Practitioner Briefs. 2. Conceptual Framework for Effective Organizations Serving Latinx Youth. ANR. 8691, 5.
- Moncloa, Fe; Erbstein, Nancy (2021). Toward Guiding Principles for Engaging Latinx Youth in Youth Development Programs. Practitioner Briefs. 1. Overview of Guiding Principles for Engaging Latinx Youth. UC ANR. 8690, 6. https://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/Details.aspx?itemNo=8690
- Moncloa, Fe; Diaz-Carrasco, Claudia (2021). Toward Guiding Principles for Engaging Latinx Youth in Youth Development Programs: Practitioner Briefs. 4. Program Elements for Engaging Latinx Youth and Families. UC ANR. 8693, 4. https://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/Details.aspx?itemNo=8693
- Diaz-Carrasco, Claudia; Erbstein, Nancy (2021). Toward Guiding Principles for Engaging Latinx Youth in Youth Development Programs: Practitioner Briefs. 5. Building Relationships in Latinx Communities. 8694, 3. https://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/Details.aspx?itemNo=8694
- Diaz-Carrasco, Claudia; Erbstein, Nancy (2021). Toward Guiding Principles for Engaging Latinx Youth in Youth Development Programs: Practitioner Briefs, 3. Organizational Infrastructure Supporting Latinx Youth Engagement. UC ANR. 8692, 3. https://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/Details.aspx?itemNo=8692
- Moncloa, F.; Diaz-Carrasco, C (2019). Effective Engagement with Latino Youths and Communities. Journal of Extension. 57:2. April. https://www.joe.org/joe/2019april/iw2.php
Moncloa, F.; Horrillo, S., Espinoza, D., Hill, R. (2019). Embracing diversity and inclusion: An organizational change model to increase intercultural competence. Journal of Extension, 57:6. Article 6FEA1. Available at https://www.joe.org/joe/2019december/a1.php?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019december
- Moncloa, F.; Erbstein, N. (2019). Guiding Principles for Reaching and Engaging Latinx Youth in YOuth Development Programs. Journal of Youth Development. 14:2, 46-63. June. https://jyd.pitt.edu/ojs/jyd/article/view/19-14-02-FA-03
- Imani-Fields, N.; Moncloa, F. (2018). 4-H Social Justice Youth Development, A Guide for Youth Development Professionals. 22. November 2018. https://4-h.org/professionals/professional-development/youth-development/
- Gaolach, B.; Moncloa, F. (2018). A New Regional Model for Increasing Extension's Capacity to Reach Metropolitan Audiences. Journal of Extension. 56:5. September 2018. https://joe.org/joe/2018september/a3.php
- Moncloa, F; Horrillo, S. (2018). Using a Translational Process to Apply Latino Youth Development Research Findings in Practice. Journal of Extension. 56:6. October 2018. https://joe.org/joe/2018october/pdf/JOE_v56_6iw3.pdf
Trzesniewski, K.J., and Diversity in Youth Development Workgroup. (2017) Addressing Theoretical Gaps in Positive Youth Development for Diverse Youth: Fact sheet for the 4-H Youth Development Program. Oakland: University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources Publication 8576.
Erbstein, N.; Moncloa, F., Schwartz Olagundoye, S., Diaz-Carrasco, C., Hill, R. (2017) Engaging Latino Communities from the Ground Up: Three Tools. Journal of Extension 55, 6. Article 4TOT3. https://joe.org/joe/2017august/tt3.php
Horrillo, S.J., Guild, J., Mariscal, D., Moncloa, F., Nathaniel, K.C. and Diversity in Youth Development Workgroup (2017) Professional Development Fact Sheet for Human Resources Director and 4-H Leadership. Oakland: University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources Publication 8577.
Horrillo, S.J., Diaz-Carrasco, C., Hill, R., Moncloa, F., and Diversity in Youth Development Workgroup (2017). Promising Practices for Programs Serving Latino Youth: Fact sheet for 4-H Academics and Staff. Oakland: University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources Publication 8578.
Subramaniam, A., Moncloa, F. (2010). Young people's perspectives on creating a participation friendly culture. Children, Youth and Environments 20(2). http://www.colorado.edu/journals/cye
Murdock, S., Moncloa, F., Subramaniam, A., Olangundoye, S., Paterson, C., English, P., Santhrum, S. (2010). Youth in Governance and Youth Adult Partnerships: An Examination of Promising Practices. 4-H Center for Youth Development, Special Report. Davis, CA: University of California, Davis.
UC ANR Latina/o Teen Pregnancy Prevention Workgroup. (2004). Best Practices in Teen Pregnancy Prevention Handbook (2nd edition). Oakland, CA: University of California Cooperative Extension.
Russell, S.T., Lee, F.C.H and the Latina/o Teen Pregnancy Prevention Workgroup. (2004). Practitioners perspectives on effective practices for Hispanic teen pregnancy prevention. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, 36(4).
Moncloa, F., Johns, M., Gong, E.J., Russell, S. T., Lee, F and West, E. (2003, April). Best Practices in Teen Pregnancy Prevention Handbook. Journal of Extension. 41(2). http://joe.org/joe/2003aril/ttl.shtml
Driscoll, A.K., Brockman, M.S., Gregory, P., Bersamin, M.M., Johns, M., Lee, F., Liesch, D., Moncloa, F., Sousa, C., Russell, S. T., and Alvarado, D. (2003). In their own words: Pregnancy prevention needs of Latino teen mothers. California Journal of Health Promotion, 41(6).
Gong, E.J., Johns, M., and Moncloa, F. (2003, December). Practitioners put research into practice: Strengthening community-based pregnant and parenting programs. Journal of Extension, 41(6).
Johns, M., Moncloa, F., and Gong, E.J. (2000, August). Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs: Linking Research and Practice. Journal of Extension, 38(3). http://joe.org/joe/2000august/al.html
- Group, 4-H Program Leaders Working; Access, Equity and Belonging Committee (2019). National Trends and 4-H Snapshot. University of Maryland. 4. October, 2019. https://access-equity-belonging.extension.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Snapshot-AEBC-October-2019.pdf
Moncloa, F. (2015), Teaching and Learning Participation: Latino Youth Civic Engagement in a High School. Diss. University of California, Santa Cruz, Education. UMI. Print. Retrieved from: http://escholarship.org/uc/item/3q88t7cf
- Lewis, K. T (2014). "Promoting Positive Youth Development: Initial Results from 4-H Thrive." UC Dellivers 2014, from http://ucanr.edu/delivers/?impact=926&delivers=1.
- Moncloa, F. (2014). Welcome to 4-H! A Guide for Parents and Guardians. San Jose, UCCE Santa Clara. 12. 9/29.